Insurance 101 for Real Estate Professionals
• Get a historical perspective of insurance
• Gain a better understanding of how policies are constructed
• Focus on how to read an insurance policy to protect your clients’ needs
Michael P. Hooks — Forsberg & Umlauf, Seattle
Moira Watts — Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA, Seattle
Primary Environmental Liability
• Get an overview of what environmental insurance encompasses
• Find out what insurance companies need from you to underwrite a policy
• Learn what standard coverage grants and restrictions are
Edward M. Belsky — Marsh U.S.A., Seattle
Patricia Blau - Marsh U.S.A., San Francisco, CA
• Is it a flood? Explore the definition of flood insurance.
• What is the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and are there alternatives?
• What about tsunamis and other coverage considerations?
John S. Riper - Ashbaugh Beal, Seattle, WA
Deborah J. Youngblood — Hudson Youngblood, Seattle
Title Insurance Problems in Foreclosure
• What were common practices in title insurance policies during the construction boom?
• Which past practices caused claims from judicial and non-judicial foreclosures?
• What is now required to obtain title insurance on commercial projects?
David K. Eckberg — Skellenger Bender PS, Seattle
• Damage to insured’s unit, other units and common areas – who is responsible?
• Mixed-use associations and differing insurance interests
• Proactive risk management remedies
Duncan Kirk — The Unity Group, Bellingham
Construction and Commercial General Liability (CGL) Policies
• Certificates of Insurance and what you can learn from them
• Insurance concerns when hiring builders and contractors
• What happens if the contractor injures a third party?
• Construction defect coverage – what you need to know
Jacquelyn A. Beatty — Karr Tuttle Campbell, Seattle
Indemnity and Insurance
• Zero in on the difference between indemnity and additional insured coverage
• Gain a better understanding of the relationship between indemnity and “insured contract” insurance coverage
• Learn why indemnity agreements do not work – from a litigator’s perspective
Linda L. Foreman — Bowers Foreman PLLC, Kirkland
Seminar Date: April 19, 2012
Coursebook contains 143 pages