CPG credits pending (5.25 General + 1 Ethics).
$275 - Standard/Non-Elder Law Section Member Tuition
$250 - Elder Law Section Member Tuition (discount applied at checkout)
$250 - New Lawyer Tuition*
*Attorneys who have been admitted to practice in Washington for fewer than five years are eligible to receive the new lawyer tuition. Note: The store will automatically discount your registration when you login and proceed to checkout.
Presented in partnership with the WSBA Elder Law Section
With the change in Federal administration our Elder law practices are faced with emerging issues as we advise and advocate for our clients. This program presents current topics that address how we can better advise our clients of these changes and how to access programs and resources that your practice and your clients may need. Join us for this annual seminar of essential updates and emerging issues. To help your practice, the program will address specific issues facing elder law attorneys, including:
- Getting the mid-term legislative updates you’ve come to count on this seminar to provide.
- Getting to know the Washington State elder law practice resources available to your clients and their families.
- Staying current on the complex and changing landscape of health care and related benefits.
- Learning about the cognitive and decision making process for capacity as well as the mental health issues that shape capacity;
- Addressing ethical issues related to capacity and decision making considering the cognitive abilities and the mental health of clients or their loved ones who you advise and advocate for.
Lunch will be provided and is included in the price!
Michael J. Longyear - Reed Longyear Malnati & Ahrens PLLC, Seattle, WA
Suzanne Thompson Wininger - Campbell Thompson Wininger PLLC, Sumner, WA
8:00 a.m. Registration Opens
8:25 a.m. Seminar Begins
4:45 p.m. Seminar Adjourns
SEMINAR AGENDA (Requires the latest version of Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader to view.)
For accessibility or accommodation requests, or other questions, please email email@example.com or call 206-443-WSBA (toll free: 800-945-WSBA).
WSBA Offices Parking Information
WSBA is paperless!
Your coursebook for WSBA CLE seminars is available 48 hours prior to the seminar as a PDF file in your My CLE account, where you can view it or save it on your tablet, laptop, or other device. You can also print out a copy prior to the seminar if it’s important to you for note taking. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.